TowerWatch Ministries • View topic - TowerWatch.com four years old today

Former Jehovah’s Witnesses and others creating a warm Christian atmosphere

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TowerWatch.com four years old today
PostPosted: Sat 16 Jun, 2007 9:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just wanted to mention that it was four years ago today that TowerWatch.com was launched.

The forum started shortly after that and has been hacked a few times so we had to start all over but this is our fourth anniversary with a few minor interruptions.

The web site has grown to over 200 pages and I plan to launch a pod cast very soon. I have all of the mechanics worked out for publishing the pod cast (I think) which was a real chore for a seat-of-the-pants programmer, so now I just have to record the broadcast and launch it. Keep me in your prayers.

In spite of the hackers the forum has grown to over 300 members with over 8900 articles.

Good to see things growing!

Today's "Quote Worth Re-quoting"
“Many people think they have an open mind when it is really their mouth.”

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 16 Jun, 2007 10:43 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Cal, I was just thinking today that I/we haven't heard from you lately and I for one miss your input. As far as this site, I don't know what I would have done with out it and the loving and caring people here. My wife might not like me frequenting this board, but little does she know how this site has kept me strong enough to stay the course and not leave the marriage. Not that the thought doesn't still go though my head, but I digress, I was talking about the hard work and wonderful site you've put together that has drawn such a great bunch of people.

I've said it before, but I know God has already blessed you, but thats nothing compared to whats waiting for you my brother.

Bruce

I may not yet be the man I should be or the man, with Christ’s help, I someday will be, but thank God I’m not the man I used to be!! (Martin Luther King Jr. Author)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 16 Jun, 2007 11:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you Cool Runnings for the kind words. I have not been posting much lately and I apologize for that, but I do keep up with the posts.

Few reasons for my not posting as much as I should.

1 I want to encourage all to post and I don't want to monopolize things. I truly what this to be "our forum" not "my forum".

2 Now that I am retired I have been spending a lot of time doing things I did not have time to do while rearing a family and working, like gardening, photography, practicing my magic tricks and a few other interest.

3 I have become involved and am helping administer a really great Paltalk room called "EX Jehovah's Witnesses following Jesus Testimonies". If you are on Paltalk check it out.

4 I have 4 children and 13 grandchildren and I thank the Lord that they all love to come to our home. I cherish every moment I get too spend with them and the traffic flow in and out of our home is continuous. 4 children 13 grandchildren 3 spouses and the the wife and myself that is 22 birthday party's a year not to mention the holidays. :-) Thank you Jesus!

5 I spend a fair amount of time answering email from the web site.

I check the forum five or six times a day and I will keep in mind that I should post more often. Thanks for the reminder.

May there be many more years to come!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 16 Jun, 2007 11:31 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Cal wrote:
Thank you Cool Runnings for the kind words. I have not been posting much lately and I apologize for that, but I do keep up with the posts.

Few reasons for my not posting as much as I should.

1 I want to encourage all to post and I don't want to monopolize things. I truly what this to be "our forum" not "my forum".

2 Now that I am retired I have been spending a lot of time doing things I did not have time to do while rearing a family and working, like gardening , photography, practicing my magic tricks and a few other interest.

3 I have become involved and am helping administer a really great Paltalk room called "EX Jehovah's Witnesses following Jesus Testimonies". If you are on Paltalk check it out.

4 I have 4 children and 13 grandchildren and I thank the Lord that they all love to come to our home. I cherish every moment I get too spend with them and the traffic flow in and out of our home is continuous. 4 children 13 grandchildren 3 spouses and the the wife and myself that is 22 birthday party's a year not to mention the holidays. :-) Thank you Jesus!

5 I spend a fair amount of time answering email from the web site.

I check the forum five or six times a day and I will keep in mind that I should post more often. Thanks for the reminder.

May there be many more years to come!

My brother, no need to thank me, let me thank you and from your list, you are truly blessed and I thank God for you, not as often as I should, but know that your work has not and will not go unnoticed.

Thanks for all you do, none of it you "have" to do, it's because you love the Lord, and us, you know how I know this? For the same reason I know the Lord loves me, I feel it in my heart.

Peace

Bruce

I may not yet be the man I should be or the man, with Christ’s help, I someday will be, but thank God I’m not the man I used to be!! (Martin Luther King Jr. Author)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 17 Jun, 2007 12:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am touched beyond words!

When we attempt to imitate the love our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ demonstrated wonderful things happen.

May the love of our Lord and Savior touch us all!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 18 Jun, 2007 8:39 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Cal, just want to add an AMEN to what cool has already said, and to thank you for a wonderful laid out and well run site. For the love and respect one has for each other on here, and a concern for each others burden, may it continue to grow in grace.

john

Joh 13:1 Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 18 Jun, 2007 5:49 pm 
Master Member
Master Member

Praise God for this wonderful website! Many have been blessed by the information provided, myself included. I thank God for all He has done through TowerWatch, and I pray I can continue to participate in helping others see the truth - Jesus Christ - via my posts here on the forum and any other way that the Lord and Cal see fit.

Happy Birthday TowerWatch!

God bless,

Mrs. R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 18 Jun, 2007 7:24 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Congratulations Cal... four years already. You and F.T; and Grace Gough were the first three ex-JW's I made contact with back then. When you first started your website, it was also the first such website I ever visited.

May the Lord continue to bless your ministry richly!

-Chris and Beth

-Looking Forward To The Trumpet Call-

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 19 Jun, 2007 9:58 am 

Four Years! WOW! That's wonderful!
I know I am thankful to have found this site. I get on and read everyday.
It has really helped me to be able to talk with others that understand what we are going through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 19 Jun, 2007 10:40 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Yes Cal I too have been greatly helped by this site. After my father died back in October I cant even explain the comfort and ecouragment I received on this site by many members including you. I dont know if I would have mentally gotten through it if it not for all you wonderful friends. Not to mention the loads of answers I had answered and the volume of information I attained. This site is like a syber sheperd calling his sheep. I certainly feel like we are all an extended family with only love for one another. Rock on Cal !!!!!!

We dont change Gods message -- His message changes us.

Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes? :-P