TowerWatch Ministries • View topic - Forum Update

Former Jehovah’s Witnesses and others creating a warm Christian atmosphere

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Forum Update
PostPosted: Sun 22 Jul, 2007 2:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just wanted to let everyone know that between 12:00AM EST Saturday July 21st and 12:00AM EST Sunday July 22nd I will update the forum to the latest phpBB version. All of your information password, information in your profile etc. will remain the same. All posts will also move over to the new version.

There will be two possible problems. One we will lose some of the modifications I have made to the forum and two there is the possibility that if you post something between the above mentioned hours it may be lost. Many of the modifications I have made over the last four years are included in the newer version. If you find that there is a modification that you have really become attached to and it is not included in the new version I will add it as soon as it becomes available for the new version.

Hope you like the new and improved forum.

Today's "Quote Worth Re-quoting"
“Many people think they have an open mind when it is really their mouth.”

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Forum Update
PostPosted: Sun 22 Jul, 2007 8:35 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Wow I got confused when entering, very differant. Wondering if we will still have the scrolling recent topics. Harder to find were everyone is. Maybe just need to get familier with the new layout. I do like this new look. Now to just learn how to navigate through it. I may be to much of a bone head to get it right away. Tee Hee!!!!

Post subject: Re: Forum Update
PostPosted: Sun 22 Jul, 2007 8:51 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

catcarma wrote:
Wow I got confused when entering, very differant. Wondering if we will still have the scrolling recent topics. Harder to find were everyone is. Maybe just need to get familier with the new layout. I do like this new look. Now to just learn how to navigate through it. I may be to much of a bone head to get it right away. Tee Hee!!!!

Hi Cat,

Yes we did lose the scrolling top 20 topics but if you go to the main page and look on the left just above the list of forums you will see “View unanswered posts – View new posts – View active topics”. I think you will find it works just as well if not better once you get accustomed to it.

The old board is still there and we can always go back to it but I think this one will serve us better.

Love to get more opinions if you have the time.

Today's "Quote Worth Re-quoting"
“Many people think they have an open mind when it is really their mouth.”

Profile E-mail