TowerWatch Ministries • View topic - SpellingCow

Former Jehovah’s Witnesses and others creating a warm Christian atmosphere

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SpellingCow
PostPosted: Tue 28 Nov, 2006 12:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We have been using SpellingCow as a spell checker on our forum for a while now. I must admit it is not the best solution but if I am not mistaken we are one of the few forums with any kind of spell checker. Something is better than nothing. We could have a few more features on SpellingCow such as adding our own words, no advertisements, etc. but that would mean we would have to pay for the service. I opted to stay with the free service for two reasons: one the cost did not seem to me to justify the benefits received and two with technology moving as it does I knew the day would come when browsers would have spell checkers. Well that day is here!

If you use Internet Explorer you can update to the latest version Internet Explorer 7. With Internet Explorer 7 one has the ability to add features and one of those features is a spell checker. After you update to IE 7 you can download the spell checker at and add it to your IE7 browser. If you want to check the spelling in anything you have typed in the browser you simply go to "tools" then to "iespell".

If you use Firefox just upgrade to Firefox 2 and Firefox will check your spelling as you type. If you have never used Firefox and you spend any amount of time on the Internet you may want to check it out. Firefox has many great add-ons that really make surfing the Internet easier and provide you with information such as stock prices, weather reports, headline news, etc. on your browser.

We will keep SpellingCow as long as folks are using it and as long as it is free, I just wanted to make you aware of what is out there.

Thank you heeble for your high-tech assistance in this area, I was not aware of the spell checker for IE until you told us about it.

Joyfully in Jesus,
Cal Lehman

Today's "Quote Worth Re-quoting"
“Many people think they have an open mind when it is really their mouth.”

Profile E-mail